Friday, May 15, 2015

It's About the Medical Uses

I am not a medical marijuana user. I just like to get high now and then. Mostly now. I am 100% for the legalization of the substance. It has nothing to do with my getting high. Well, okay, maybe a little. It's about the medical uses!

I will admit it, it only take seeing one video of some kid having a seizure or suffering in pain and I'm in tears. To know that this substance that I use to just make me feel better, could be used to help them or maybe even save their lives, makes me mad and sad all at the same time.

It makes me mad to know that our politicians are so uninformed as to still believe all that 1930 bull shit about cannabis turning you into a murderous addict. If they don't believe it, then they are so in the pocket of big pharmaceutical or the liquor lobbies that they don't care about anyone but themselves. To know that our country is run by greed instead of compassion and reason just makes me want to puke.

It makes me sad to know that these children, old people, people suffering from pain that either won't go away with traditional drugs or those drugs make them sick have to suffer. So many illnesses can be eased or maybe even cured by the sensible use of Cannabis. My mother suffered from Alzheimer's and her life could have been so much more pleasant at the end then it was. She suffered mentally horribly. Cannabis could have helped. Instead it was declared an illegal substance.

I don't hesitate for a minute to confess that I want weed to be legal so I don't have to worry about going to jail for its use. However, that isn't the main reason I want to fight for its legalization.

It's about the medical uses.

Stoney

No comments:

Post a Comment