Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Why Won't People Who Need It Do Cannabis?

I just found out the last couple of days that my Brother-In-Law (hereafter known as BIL) has multiple Myeloma. It is a form of cancer similar to leukemia, as far as I understand it. I tried to get my wife to tell him to get on CBD as soon as possible, but the suggestion fell flat. Why won't people who need it do Cannabis?



I haven't talked to him, so I don't know for sure. I don't know if it is because he is a very conservative Christian and Republican that he feels it is a sin or illegal. He lives in a state where they have medical Marijuana. Is it because he has come to believe all the bullshit propaganda the government has been handing out for decades? It just makes me want to scream!

My BIL and I don't get along that well. I'm not a Christian, Republican or Conservative. I'm none of those things and so we butt heads on occasion. Still, I don't want to see him suffer and die from something where Cannabis might help him.

Now I highlighted "might" because there isn't much research out there. I found a few articles on how CBD helped patients with Multiple Myeloma (here's one). There are those who say that using CBD will kill the cancer and turn you into a super hero, but I don't put much stock in those. I found several that said that using CBD will retard the growth of the cancer cells giving the patient more years of life. The paper I linked, from the International Journal of Cancer did indicate that cancer cells did indeed die.

My point is that those suffering from this disease may slow or even reverse their condition with the use of Medical Marijuana. If all it does is retard cell growth, then you've added a few years of life. If it does nothing, then at least you live your remaining years in a better frame of mind. I'm not saying you're stoned. Remember that CBD is non-psychoactive. It will just relax you.

My BIL may only live another five years. If he starts using Cannabis now, he may live much longer. Is it worth worrying about what others will think or if you are committing a sin? I don't think so. If I were him, I would have been waiting for my Doctor when he got to the office this morning. I just don't understand the reasoning. Why won't people who need it do Cannabis?

Stoney

No comments:

Post a Comment