Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Marijuana Creates Jobs

Marijuana creates jobs. Yes, you heard me. Marijuana creates jobs. Now, how can I say this? It's easy.



My state just recently passed a medical Marijuana law. It is so new that, in my neck of the woods, there aren't any grow farms or dispensaries. In the local paper this last week there was a story about a grow/dispensary going up in a small town near me. At first I was really surprised. After reading the article, I understood a lot better.

The article quoted one of the town supervisors as saying he was pleased that this facility was going up because the jobs were desperately needed.

What?

That's right. This little conservative town doesn't give a shit about devil weed coming into their little slice of heaven. They want the jobs!

This is why it is so hard to fight against fracking. Fracking, IMHO, destroys the environment, but when you have an area that is depressed by lack of jobs, working a drill site looks pretty good. Hell, raping and stealing from old ladies looks good when your kids are going hungry.

Now I do not want to imply that the Marijuana industry is the same as fracking. 

It isn't. 

Not by a long shot!

What I am saying is that our country, on the whole, needs jobs. With an industry waiting in the wings to put billions of tax dollars into the system and create thousands of jobs, why would the political/corporate machine be against it?

Well, it cuts into their greed.

It's either that or they're just fucking stupid!

I have been listening to the Cannainsider podcasts. Listen to just a few of those and you will begin to see the amazing opportunity the burgeoning Cannabis industry brings to the table. It seems the only barrier is your own imagination.

Yes, boys and girls, Marijuana creates jobs. Let's take it away from the drug lords and cartels and make it legal. Then we can all benefit!

Stoney

No comments:

Post a Comment